We receive many enquires to know what the scooter laws are in a particular state. These laws can be very vague in many states. We wish we could have the absolute answer for you but in some cases it would take us to much time to get to the right person for the correct answer.
We hope this quick link to your Department of Motor Vehicles [DMV] will quickly get you started in the right direction.
GENERAL RULE OF THUMB FOR 49 cc SCOOTERS
Persons riding scooters have the same rights and duties as drivers of motor vehicles. Scooter riders will receive citations for traffic violations.
1. You must be 16 years of age or older to operate a Moped or Scooter on a public road.
2. Operators of Scooter must have the minimum of a class E license. (In some states a 49 cc vehicles requires no license even though you may need a tag see your state regulations).
3. No motorcycle endorsement is required.
4. Scooter must be registered annually and a tag purchased.
5. Scooter may not be operated on bicycle paths or footpaths.
6. Scooter operators do not have to carry PIP insurance.
7. Operators 16 years of age or older are not required to wear helmets.
8. Scooters of more than 50cc require motorcycle license endorsment
9. Some of our items are NOT ALLOWED in the California State, Pls check before buy. WE CAN'T SELL THOSE ITEMS IN CALIFORNIA
Please remember although this rule of thumb may in-fact be the laws in your state and in many cases they are we suggest you do your own due diligence.
You may find that the laws may differ between a Moped; Scooters Atv's or any of our products.
Thank You for stopping
STATE DMV LAW LINKS
CHECK YOUR STATE LAWS !